Friday, June 25, 2004

Bed Time

The new bed arrived yesterday and surprisingly I managed to get it home in my small car. It was really heavy and by the time I'd got it upstairs I needed some oxygen, there was none to hand so I had gin and lemonade instead. I knew we were in for a long night when I pulled out the instructions to find about 20 pages of diagrams. Nothing was numbered or anything, we had to identify each piece by the size, number and position of holes on each side so we kept getting the bits mixed up. Once we'd got the base done, the rest wasn't too bad, especially with the electric screwdriver for all those screws. It took us about 2 hours to complete, by which time Debbie was shattered and just wanted to get in the thing and get some sleep. We finished just in time for the penalty shoot out, there was no point in watching it, England + Penalties = The End, so we turned over and watched Big Brother instead.

I phoned Dad later to wish him a happy birthday and to make sure he'd not drunk all that whisky so I can have a sample when we're next over. He confirmed that England had lost on penalties....again, even Beckham missed, I think Mr Goldenballs is going to have to be downgraded to Mr Bronzeballs. It's time to chuck all your flags away, unless your from Yorkshire like me and you'll be putting them in the loft ready for the world cup.

Paul

No comments: