Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Mission Impossible

Yesterday I had the day off work after booking it a while ago for a hospital appointment with Debbie which ended up getting moved forward. So, with a full day at my disposal, I decided to tackle the impossible mission of sorting out the attic bedroom....

It's just been a dumping ground for anything and everything over the years and there wasn't an inch of free space. First job was to go to a shop in Doncaster and pick up some storage boxes, I did get some funny looks with people watching this pile of twelve blue plastic boxes gliding up and down the isles ..lol..

Back home, I got started on the room at about 10am and started to wonder if it might be a bit too much of a challenge for just one day. Anyway, I cracked on and didn't stop until it was finished at 4pm. There were a few things I could have done in other rooms but by that time, every muscle in my body had gone on strike.

Debbie got home at the usual time and we went upstairs to have a look at the result, she was amazed at all the space and loved the new shoe storage hanging things I'd bought, it was just like an episode of Changing Rooms!

We were both shattered so after tea, just retired upstairs to watch Eastenders, Holby City and a fascinating program about bears all over the world.

This morning, we've both been weighed and Debbie's lost another two pounds while I've lost nothing, probably down to the beer at the weekend! With all the exercise I got yesterday, I'm hoping to make up for it next week.

Paul

No comments: