Thursday, March 01, 2007

Back On The Road Again

Apologies for the lack of posting lately, it's been a busy time for us since Christmas but hopefully some kind of normality is just around the corner.

I spent last week in Newcastle again on yet another course, I don't think my head can soak up any more information, it's ready for bursting now and I can feel those 3 brain cells marching about waving "I'm On Strike" placards. Hopefully that's it for a while, the Alan Partridge lifestyle is certainly not for me, I have absolutely no interest in a Corby Trouser Press.

It's not been the easiest of week's for Debbie either, suffering from a bad cold and having to make an important and difficult decision rather unexpectedly.

It's still all systems go, we had the double glazing fitted on Tuesday, it looks fantastic, it's not what we thought we ordered but I think what we've got, plain windows as opposed to Georgian fret, actually looks better. The big single window in the kitchen offers a great view of the garden and all the other windows seem to be letting in more light.

The best thing though is the new door, we can see who's lurking outside through the peep hole and if we want to open the door, we just turn the handle and it opens! What bliss! We don't have to risk pulling arms out of sockets trying to open it.

With the new windows opening inwards, there's no excuse for not cleaning them..... sheesh, there's always a downside!

Paul.

No comments: