Thursday, October 27, 2005

Indian Summer

Here I am trying to do an honest bit of snow watching, I mean it's not unheard of at this time of year, we had snow earlier than this last year, what we didn't have was temperatures forecast to go into the twenties!

We're supposed to be looking forward to huddling round a big fire next week, scoffing piping hot baked potatoes and chestnuts, not watching a firework display in t-shirt and shorts! The Met-Office is apparently predicting a very cold winter, yet we've not even had a frost here yet this autumn.

The headline in one of the newspapers today is "Big Freeze Will Cripple Britain, Coldest since 1963, Gas could run out". At this rate, the only thing that's going to run out is sun cream!


Paul

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I'm going to be in Northern Norway (Tromso) in a week.

Do you want me to send you any snow pics I get?

If so, let me know where I should send. (glacia at rogers dot com)

Jennytc said...

I can live without the snow but Keith will be very upset if the gas runs out - he's sensitive to the cold, poor man. ;)

Jennifer said...

I hate when summer lingers.

gemmak said...

Roflmao @ watching a fireworks display in t-short and shorts! heh