Friday, April 13, 2007

Birdies In The Mist

Our garden is hive of activity bird wise at the moment, sparrows, chaffinch, goldfinch, starlings, collared doves and our resident pair of blackbirds all appeared together this morning through the mist. This is the most we've seen at any one time in all the time we've lived here and it was lovely to watch them all going about their birdie business.

Over in Scotland, Borders Birds are recording pair of great tits in their high tech nest box with amazing results, it's great watching this real life birdie drama unfold as the pair inspect their prospective new home before deciding to move in.

Nothing to report on our nest boxes here, although we've been so busy, I doubt we would have noticed if one of our feathered friends had moved in. Now that the mornings are lighter, I'll hopefully be able to steal a few minutes each morning for a spot of garden watching.

Paul.

1 comment:

Jennytc said...

Just wanted to let you know I am mothballing my blog for a while until I have more time to devote to it. I'll still come over to read yours though. :)